Facing the Realities of the ?Bring Your Own Device? Era
Facing the Realities of the ‘Bring Your Personal Device’ Era
London, UK (PRWEB) Could 29, 2012
1 of the major providers of Digital Certificates worldwide, today announced outcomes of a survey revealing how the introduction of employee owned devices to access network resources is becoming a popular but developing concern for Enterprise CEOs, CISOs and IT administrators. GlobalSign has published a white paper that supplies greatest practices surrounding implementing a secure, inexpensive, and non-intrusive approach to BYOD.
Completed by 150 IT experts that attended Infosecurity Europe 2012 in London in April, the survey indicated that 67% of IT professionals expressed expanding issues regarding employees accessing sensitive corporate info through their own mobile devices. BYOD in the workplace advantages both the employee and employer, escalating productivity and raising job satisfaction levels by affording workers additional flexibility and freedom. Nonetheless, security and employee privacy issues continue to hamper the adoption of formal BYOD policies within Enterprises.
59% of professionals surveyed do not yet have a formal BYOD safety program in place
Corporate issued devices as nicely as personal owned devices accessing sensitive data and network services were a concern to 62% of participants
Microsoft Exchange, Wi-Fi, VPN are the most common resources requiring BYOD access
Over half of respondents reported that BYOD is currently occurring inside their organisation of 200 or a lot more personnel
GlobalSign conducted the survey to coincide with the European launch of its iOS Identity Certificate resolution that safeguards corporate networks by only enabling authorised people and devices to permitted resources such as Wi-Fi and Corporate email. iOS Identity Certificates are easily delivered “over-the-air” to authorized staff through GlobalSign’s Enterprise PKI (ePKI) remedy. The method of maintaining “bad guys” out without relinquishing employee manage of their individual devices is the “middle-ground” Enterprise should focus on.
“Organisations are holding out for all encompassing, but impractical BYOD security options that treat a non-corporate owned mobile device like a corporate laptop or desktop ”, stated Lila Kee, Chief Item Officer for GlobalSign. “BYOD policies are yet to be tried and legally tested, and mobile devices are extremely individual items, which is why organisations really should instead concentrate on the one particular or two high productivity applications that could advantage from simply managed access manage, and apply an appropriate answer such as GlobalSign’s iOS Identity Certificates.”
Organisations can acquire iOS Identity Certificates for as handful of as 5 users, starting at an introductory provide of £285 for 1 year validity certificates. Other volume pricing and validity periods are offered.
For a lot more information on GlobalSign’s iOS Authentication remedy, please go to http://www.globalsign.co.uk/ios-authentication/ or download our newest white paper at http://www.globalsign.co.uk/resources/taking-byod-too-far-white-paper.pdf
Established in 1996 and as a WebTrust accredited public certificate authority, GlobalSign provides publicly trusted SSL Certificates, EV SSL, Managed SSL Services, Code Signing for use on all platforms like mobile devices. Its Trusted Root remedy uses the widely embedded GlobalSign Root CA certificates to offer quick PKI trust for Microsoft Certificate Services and Internal PKI, eliminating the fees of using untrusted Root Certificates. Its partnership with Adobe to supply Certified Document Services (CDS) enables secure digitally signed PDF documents, certified transcripts and e-invoices. These core Digital Certificate options let its thousands of authenticated buyers to conduct secure on the web transactions, data transfer, distribution of tamper-proof code, and protection of online identities for secure email and access manage. The company has a history of innovation within the online safety sector and has offices in the US, UK, Belgium, Japan, and China.
GMO Internet Group
GMO Web Group is a major force in the Internet business supplying one particular of the most comprehensive ranges of Net services worldwide. The group is the best provider of domain registration, web hosting, ecommerce, and payment processing solutions in Japan and operates a host of other Internet services including global on the internet safety services, search engine marketing and on-line securities trading. At the center of the group is GMO World wide web, Inc. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Please go to http://www.gmo.jp/en for additional facts.
For further particulars please make contact with:
GMO GlobalSign Ltd.
+44 () 1622 766766 / +32 16 891900
, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
- 4 clues that your smartphone has been hackedSmartphones are like mini-computers, but because of that, they are at risk of being hacked, so it's important to know how hackers can get in and what to look for to know if your phone has been compromised. […]
- Protect your small business from hackersThere is little doubt that small businesses face a growing cyberthreat - and hackers are not showing any signs of letting up. […]
- Chinese hackers got sensitive US dataChinese hackers who breached Google's servers several years ago gained access to a sensitive database with years' worth of information about US surveillance targets, according to current and former American officials. […]
- Five Common Corporate Pitfalls in Cyber Security ManagementThis blog discusses five of the high level missteps common to organizations that have experienced needlessly prolonged negative effects of cyber security incidents. […]
- FT is latest media group attacked by Syrian hackersThe Financial Times has confirmed that its website and several Twitter accounts were hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army . […]
- Michigan startups attract $242 million in venture capital funding in 2012Contrary to the popular entrepreneurial storyline of meteoric rises and quick massive growth, the Michigan venture capital industry continued to grow at a reasonable and steady pace in 2012. […]
- Cyber Attack From Inside India Hits Pakistan GovernmentThe campaign is using vulnerabilities in Microsoft software to install the HangOver malware, according to Norwegian security firm Norman Shark . […]
- Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million user IDs stolenYahoo Japan said it detected an unauthorised attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal site and suspects that about 22 million of its around 200 million user IDs may have been leaked. […]
- WatchGuard Expands Network Security Support for Microsoft Hyper-V CustomersWatchGuard's XTMv and XCSv Solutions Provide Robust, Scalable Security for Businesses Using Microsoft Virtualization Products Singapore, May 20, 2013 - - Recently at Interop 2013, WatchGuard Technologies, a global leader in manageable business security solutions, announced it is expanding its network security offerings for customers using Microsoft ... […]
- Lincolnshire hacker facing jail after cyber gang targeted global corporationsComputer systems belonging to the CIA, the Pentagon and the NHS were hacked by a gang of cyber criminals which included a hacker from Lincolnshire. […]